Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 : Root and Install ClockworkMod Recovery
Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 is the latest addition to the Android super-smartphones by the Korean Conglomerate. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is very powerful. It due to the 3 GB RAM installed over Octa-core processor (could be even quad-core as per geographic region). Rooting in Android device is like gaining an administration level of control. The rooting of device allows you to do a lot more and unleash the maximum power out of your Android device. If you have a device which is as costly as Samsung Galaxy Note 3, we recommend that you certainly root it. Not wasting anymore time, here is a step by step guide to root and install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 easily.
Important : This Rooting Guide is exclusively written for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 and work only on this device. Do not upgrade if you are on some other device. Also note that the warranty of your device will void after rooting. Hence we recommend that you follow this guide at your own risk. Neither the writer nor Startmate can be held responsible for such an incident.
Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 : The Process of Rooting
The process of rooting has four parts:
- The pre-requisite steps.
- Important Checks.
- Files to be Downloaded.
- The Final Upgradation.
Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 : The pre-requisite Steps
We recommend that you backup your important data before upgrading.
- SMS, MMS and Call Logs - How to Backup SMS and MMS on Android Devices
- Back-up Contacts and settings - How To Backup and Restore Data on Android Devices
- Songs, Videos and Images - Copy them to external SD card or may be PC/Laptop
- MMS Settings and Access Point Names - Go to “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”. Copy the details in a Notepad file manually.
- WhatsApp Data - How to Backup Whatsapp Messenger Chat Manually
Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 : Important Checks
- Ensure that your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 is atleast 70% charged. Else your device can restart in between upgradation resulting into blunders. [Recommended Reading : How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Phones ]
- Ensure that you have original USB data cable with you.
- Ensure that USB Debugging is enabled on your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 [Recommended Reading : How to Enable USB Debugging on Android Devices ]
- Re ensure that your device is Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900.
Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 : Files to be Downloaded
- Odin3_v1.85.Zip [Odin Tool]
- CF-Auto-Root file for N900 [Filename: CF-Auto-Root-ha3g-ha3gxx-smn900.zip]
Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 : The Final Upgradation
- First of all extract the CF-Auto-Root zip file. It will contain a file with .Tar.MD5 extension.
- Extract the Odin and keep in Odin3 v3.07.exe in a folder.
- Turn off your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900.
- Now start you Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 in recovery mode by press and holding VolumeDown+Home+Power Button together.
- A warning message will apear. Press volume Up button and you will get into recovery mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe. Ensure that you are admin on PC.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 with PC via USB cable.
- Wait for a minute and ‘Added!!’ message will appear in Odin.
- The COM port number must also be visible as shown in above screenshot.
- Select the buttons as shown in screenshot.
- Click PDA button and select the tar.md5 file.
- Cross-check that everything is done in Odin.
- Click on START button and flashing/rooting will start.
- Once completed, your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 will reboot.
- You will see a PASS message in Odin with green color.
With this you have successfully rooted your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900. If you face any problem, please feel free to ask us in the form of comments below. We will certainly try helping you within 24 business hours.